They research, investigate and consider all their options. Often, your website is the first (and sometimes only) experience a prospective traveler will have with you. It’s up to you to make the most of that initial visit.
The longer they stay, the more likely they are to book. And the key purpose of your website is to get them to book with YOU.
Here are some absolute musts to turn your site into your best marketing tool:
1. Be memorable. Be concise. Tell your visitors – in a clear, simple statement – what makes you unique and why they MUST book with you.
2. Engage your visitors with quality photos and video. Use attractive images to showcase your property or services in the best possible light.
3. Be sure your navigation is clearly visible and well-organized. Travelers often visit a page with a specific intention in mind. Make it easy for them to find what they’re looking for.
4. Update your content. Offer fresh, relevant details and information that will connect you with travelers and set you apart as an authority to be trusted.
5. Make your call to action prominent and easy to use. Give incentives and opportunities, and give them with a sense of urgency. Offer enticing deals that travelers won’t want to miss out on, and let them know the clock is ticking.
6. Enable social sharing with social media buttons on your website, making it easy for travelers to follow you and to share your information.
7. Equip your site with technological tracking tools that enable you to consistently target your desired travelers.
8. Create a site that is mobile-compatible. Site traffic and bookings are increasingly occurring through tablets and smart phones. Don’t miss out on those sales!
Need help creating or revamping your travel website? Contact Shoofly Copywriting today for a complimentary consultation.